SELF-EMPLOYED, EXPERIENCED SESSIONAL COUNSELLOR TO WORK WITH YOUNG PEOPLE (AGED 13-19) AND ADULTS
- Providing weekly counselling sessions at our centre in Hitchin with a possibility of some outreach work
- Related administration
- 1.5 hour clinical services meetings approx every six weeks, 10.00am to 11.30am on a Friday
- Building up a caseload
- Providing counselling within Tilehouses's charitable and full-fee services
Sessional rate of pay: £31.00
It is essential that applicants have a BACP (or equivalent) recognised Diploma in Counselling, be accredited and have undertaken specific training to work with young people.
Tilehouse has six comfortable counselling rooms and provides a safe and supportive environment for counsellors and clients.
Please telephone or email for an application form
We will not be taking applications if you have applied within the last 2 years
Since the relocation of our clinical specialist Trustee, we are looking for an experienced Clinical Supervisor to join our Committee. This role, together with other Trustees is to ensure the good governance of Tilehouse and be broadly responsible for:maintaining vision, mission and values; developing strategy;establishing and monitoring policy;setting up employment procedures;ensuring accountability; ensuring compliance with the law, maintaining proper fiscal oversight; selecting, managing and supporting the Tilehouse Director who has operational responsibility; respecting the role of staff; maintaining effective board performance; and promoting the organisation when appropriate.
The Committee meet once every 2/3 months, from 7.00pm to 9.00pm on Monday evenings.
Supporting the efficient day to day running of the organisation, undertaking tasks in a manner that reflects the organisation's core purpose and equal opportunities objectives. Monday to Thursday.
- Supporting the management team on a day to day basis
- Answering telephone calls and directing to appropriate member of the staff team
- Maintaining filing systems
- Ensuring that Tilehouse presents a professional and 'cared for' environment for clients and visitors. e.g At the start of each day ensuring counselling rooms and all other areas are neat and tidy, that lamps in waiting areas are turned on
- Checking that office equipment is working e.g. computers, printer at Courtyard
- Keeping counsellors' paperwork supplies well-stocked
- Banking of cash and cheques
- Monitoring stationery and kitchen supplies and ordering/purchasing when necessary
- Making tea and coffee for visitors to the building when necessary
- Ensuring First Aid box is complete
Outreach and Events Administration
- Assist Finance & Admin Manager in co-ordinating outreach activities, producing promotional material
- Assist occasionally with outreach and fundraising events to ensure that they run smoothly and reflect the professional and high quality standards of the organisation.
Salary: £18,200 pro-rata. Actual pay £13,720 for four days per week, Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 5.00pm with 30 minute lunch break. Eight weeks holiday (Six weeks to be taken during centre breaks plus two weeks of your choice). Job share considered.
For more information please telephone or email