Complaints Policy for Clients / Parents / Carers
Tilehouse Counselling adheres to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) code of ethics. We continually monitor and review our policies and practices in order to provide the best possible service to our clients. If you have any complaint, then we would wish to know about it so that we can explore the difficulties, and make any appropriate changes.
In the event that you have any kind of complaint about our service to you, then you should take the following steps:
If you are the client
- First, you should talk to your Counsellor about your complaint.
- If, having spoken to your Counsellor, you feel that your complaint has not been resolved, then you should write to the Tilehouse Counselling Centre Director.
If you are the parent/carer
- Your first step should be to encourage your child to speak with their counsellor. If this is too difficult for them, then you should contact the Tilehouse Director.
- The Director will acknowledge your letter within a week. She will investigate your complaint and do her best to resolve the issues you have raised. The Director will write to you following her investigation. If appropriate the Director will arrange a meeting with you to talk through your complaint.
- If you feel the complaint is still not resolved for you then you should write to the Chair of Trustees. They will acknowledge your letter and further investigate your complaint. The Chair will then write to you.
- If, having taken all the above steps, you are still not satisfied that your complaint has been resolved, then you should contact:-
The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
35-37 Albert Street
Tel: 0870 443 5252